I love bread, so when I first saw this bread salad I jumped at it. For this recipe, I used old bread and almost rotting tomatoes because they’re the bessst. The idea here is that you use old stale bread and old, almost rotting tomatoes to make the best out of these dying ingredients. The result? Peachy Panzanella.
What you’ll need: 🔪
- Toasted bread (you will cut them in chunks later) or old stale bread
- Half a clove of garlic (to rub on the toasted bread)
- Iceberg lettuce (or any other crunchy lettuce)
- 1 medium peach (iPhone 5C size)
- Very ripe tomatoes: hight of the summer heirloom would be best
- Dried parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil (please get cold-pressed)
For the dressing: 👗
These instructions are base measures, I suggest you try and adjust to your personal taste. Like it spicy? Add cayenne pepper! Like slightly salty? Add more salt! Love acid? Make that lemon rain! Explore and find your taste.
- The extracted juice from the tomatoes (more on this on the method)
- 3 Tablespoons of white wine vinegar
- 4 Tablespoons of Olive oil
- Salt, pepper, and cayenne paper to taste.
- 1 Teaspoon of dried parsley
Put all these ingredients in a separate bowl, mix and adjust to taste. This dressing can be very acidic because of the tomato and vinegar, personally, I like it that way but feel free to adjust and balance flavors to your taste.
Cut up the tomatoes into chunks, if you want them to be *extra* flavorful, peel them. However, it is not necessary to peel them for this recipe. Put them in a bowl and sprinkle them with salt, then, put them aside for the salt to extract the moisture. Do not discard the juice. This tomato juice will be your dressing!
Toast the bread and rub some garlic onto it, this makes for a very quick and delicious garlic bread. Cut up the bread into chunks and put them in a bowl. Same with the peach and lettuce. Lastly add the tomatoes, mix again and add the dressing. Mix and then eat!
So, what is it that makes this salad good? The crunchy garlicky bread that absorbs the tomato juices. This to me is one of the best flavors of the summer. Plus the sweetness of the peach. It’s so nice and fresh and very tasty. And you know what? Bread is fucking amazing so have it in salads or put it on your head, and don’t let anyone say carbs are bad. If you think so, you’re reading the wrong blog. 🥖🍅❤️
Check out more salads here.