Marinated beans are so flavorful and delicious, a different way to eat beans as a snack! I love having these in the fridge because they’re quick to satisfy a hunger pang. I finally get why the brits love beans on toast!
- 2 Dried Guajillo chiles (these are fruity and sweet)
- 5 cloves of garlic, smashed
- 1 lime, use the peels, and extract 2 tablespoons of juice
- 1 lemon, use the peels, and extract 2 tablespoons of juice peels
- 1 1/2 cups olive oil
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp flaky sea salt
- 1 pound cooked beans. I used Cassoulet beans from Rancho Gordo
You can find the method in this video here.
A few notes: when charring your ingredients, make sure to ventilate your kitchen. A LOT of smoke will come from these chiles! Char the chiles and garlic first as they take longer. or char everything together and remove the peels first.