That’s right, baby you thought I wasn’t serious about the golden turmeric latte but plot twist, I am. I’m pretty sure turmeric saved me from getting sick from this shitty weather we have in Houston. The summer to fall change in Houston consisted of a 15-degree drop and a 15% increase in my complaining.
For this recipe you can use either fresh or dry ingredients, however, I recommend fresh ones because fresh is superior and we both know this.
What you’ll need: 🛒
- 2 tablespoons of fresh ground turmeric (same measurement if you’re using powdered)
- 2 tablespoons of fresh ground ginger (get fucking fresh ginger)
- 3 small green cardamom pods
- 1 cinnamon stick (2 teaspoons if you’re using powdered)
- 4 cups of unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or whatever milk or milk alternative you drink)
- 1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- honey as a sweetener depends on your taste buds!
Mix all of your ingredients in a pot on at medium heat. Once it starts simmering, lower the heat and leave it on a low simmer for 10 minutes or so. Strain the tea and put it in a mug. Add sweetener. THAT. IS. IT.
What’s so good about this golden turmeric latte?
It’s the perfect drink for a cold day. It’s spicy and sweet. Also, turmeric has a lot of great benefits that help fight colds. Mixing that with ginger and you’ve got a power couple fighting against all bad stuff in your body. Cute huh? You can read about the great benefits of turmeric here OR for read about the “Is turmeric a scam?” debate if you don’t take my word for it.