These are the crispiest yucca bites you’ll ever have! grew up eating yucca. They’re super common in the Dominican Republic. But nothing like this. It was always boiled to death and mush and overall… not good.
As of lately,I’ve started craving yucca more cause I miss my homeland. So here are my crispy yucca bites. You can top them with whatever you like!
I also made a video on Instagram of how I took every step.
The Crispiest Yucca Bites
For toppings (optional)
- Preheat your oven at 450°F/232°C (you can also use an air fryer)
- Peel and cut your yucca and boil them for 20 minutes in heavily salted water
- When they’re soft (don’t let them fall apart!) get them out, put them on a tray and smash them with a clean glass.
- Top with salt or flaky salt for more texture and coconut oil
- Pop them into the oven until golden brown (40 mins)
- Take them out and flip them over so you have a nice and crispy side on both sides! 10-15 mins
- Top with whatever toppings you prefer, something creamy and delicious and enjoy!
Browse more appetizers here!