No-fuss, simple vegan pancakes. It’s the Sunday morning of a long weekend and to be honest, having no structure makes me a little depressed. So what do you do on a Sunday morning? You make vegan pancakes.
For the strawcherry jam
- 1/2 cup frozen cherries (you can use fresh!)
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries (you can use fresh!)
- 1 tablespoon of lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- In a small pot, over medium-high heat add the fruit
- If you’re using fresh fruit, add 1/4 cup water. If you’re using frozen like me, don’t!
- Add the lemon zest and lemon juice and let the fruit boil softly
- Using a masher, mash the fruit together and let it reduce until it’s a thick jammy jam. And that’s it.
For the pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups ap flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste or vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup milk alternative (I used unsweetened Almond Malk)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Whisk together all of your dry ingredients very well. The flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all of your wet ingredients: milk, water, and oil. Then drizzle the wet ingredients into the dry mix, whisking as you go.
- Mix very well but don’t over mix cause you’ll end up with a crepe.
- On medium-high heat, heat up a non-stick pan. I use Tefal and it’s the best, no use for added oil.
- Using a ladle, scoop a spoonful, and add to the pan. Cook until bubbles start to emerge and your trypophobia starts to flare up. 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with fresh jam