I never really cared for buffalo sauce until I moved back to the US. Enter these buffalo cauliflower bites.
I’ve always liked wings and I love tangy, tart, acidic flavors. I add lime to my lime Topo Chico or my grapefruit lacroix. I used to eat limes as a kid as they are. So when I was oddly craving buffalo anything I just surrendered to the craving and made it.
Here it is.
For the buffalo cauliflower
- 1/2 cup of AP flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper (optional if you prefer more heat add more, I’m a mild vibe type of person)
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 cups of fresh cauliflower florets (don’t use frozen… it’s gonna be a soggy mess sorry)
- 1 cup of Franks RedHot sauce (set aside)
Preheat your oven to 450°F/232°C.
Mix together all of the ingredients, it should be a paste. Add the cauliflower and coat the cauli evenly with a rubber spatula. Make sure you coat each floret evenly.
It should look like this
Bake the cauli for 10-13 minutes, then flip them and bake them for 10-13 more minutes, for a total of about 25 minutes or until lightly brown and slightly crispy.
When they buffalo cauliflower is done, in a large bowl add the hot sauce and thin it out with a tablespoon of water. Add the buffalo cauliflower and toss them together evenly.
Feta, zaatar, yogurt dipping sauce
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt (you can use greek but I like the tang of plain)
- 1 tablespoon of zaatar
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons of crumbled feta cheese (you can go wild with this)
Mix all the ingredients together until you have a creamy and delicious looking dipping sauce.
Serve with celery sticks! and that’s it! Want more? Check out this saucy recipe.